Tuesday, July 12, 2011

promises in darkness

This week I've been blogging about a recent time I felt discouraged and how God has delivered me out of that darkness.  Since it's not a new thing for me but something I continually trust Him to do....I have a set of index cards that have some of my favorite promises for the darkness.  He is so faithful to restore joy and pull me out of whatever mess I'm in!  Today I just want to share some fun upbeat songs and scriptures that have helped me! If you are struggling in some area now, I encourage you to call out to Jesus!! He is the one who will rescue you-He loves you and has a plan for your life!

This song has the words of Philippians 4:13 in a catchy tune!  Great words to remember and believe when I'm down and it doesn't feel like I can do anything. 

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure because you will not abandon me! Psalm 16:9

But you are a shield around me, O Lord, you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.  Psalm 3:3

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.  Psalm 27:13-14

Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.  For you, oh Lord have delivered my soul from death, my eyes form tears, my feet from stumbling.  Psalm 116:7-8  (This one makes me want to dance and shout!!!)

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my saviour and my God.  Psalm 42:5 (This one reminds me that even the psalmist had down days, but trusted in God!)

This song has the words of  1 John 4:4.  God is greater than any darkness I may face!

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.  Habakkuk 3:18-19

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.  Psalm 94:19

Though you have made me see troubles many and bitter, you will restore my life again...my lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you! Psalm 71:20,23

You have made known to me the path of life!  You will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasure at your right hand.  Psalm 16:11

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.  Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble.  Psalm 90:14-15

I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.  Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.  Psalm 34:4-5

This song just makes me move!


Thank you Lord for your word!  It's pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the sweet to the mind and healing to the body (Prov 16:24).  Thank you Lord for your faithful promises and for always demonstrating your love in our lives.  Lord I pray that you would use your Word to encourage every reader of this blog today! Let us look to Jesus quickly when life seems tough, the faster we turn to him the faster He helps us!  In Jesus name, Amen. 

 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

There are obviously MANY more encouraging and uplifting scriptures.  I know for me, when I am down I sometimes don't have the desire to search for them-that's why I have written them out on cards.  Some of the verses are found in Beth Moore's Praying God's Word -a wonderful resource for many areas!  If you have a favorite verse that always encourages you....please leave it in the comments for other readers to be encouraged!  Thanks for reading today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...