Monday, July 11, 2011

Into the Light

In the last post, I admitted to feelings of darkness.  My heart is learning to echo the words of Paul -Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9  Since I have shared about my weaknesses, in this post I want to share what God has taught me and how His word has brought me into the Light!

And I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, Who calls you by your name.Isaiah 45:3 AMP

This verse just popped out to me!!! There are treasures of darkness...things I can learn when I feel down and discouraged? YES!!! Knowing this promise makes a season of darkness have a purpose.  It brings to life Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Something good will come out of a season of darkness when I cling to the ONE who knows me in that darkness and wants to bring me into His marvelous light. 

He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom
and broke away their chains.
Psalm 107:14 (are you singing my chains are gone:)?)

The people walking in darkness
have seen a great light;
on those living in the land of deep darkness
a light has dawned.
Isaiah 9:2

Jesus is that light!  His words confirm this in John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. I don't have to stay in darkness when I look to Jesus!!

the LORD turns my darkness into light.
2 Samuel 22:29

Light shines in the darkness for the upright.
He is gracious, compassionate, and righteous.
Psalm 112:4 HCSB

Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God.
Isaiah 50:10


What I need to learn in the darkness is summed up in Isaiah 50:10....to trust God.  Why shouldn't I?  His promises are precious and He is good!

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves Colossians 1:13

Thank you Lord for bringing me into your marvelous light!  I know there may be another day or season of darkness-when it comes, strengthen my heart and remind me that you are light and I have precious promises in You!  Oh Lord, I know that there are many people who feel the heaviness of darkness as I have.  Lord shine your light on them and break their chains!! You LORD are my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in YOU, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to YOU in song (Psalm 28:7)
Come back tomorrow...I'm working on another post about the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...