Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Darkness

I have been feeling sad...don't know why...just struggling right now.  My sweet husband came and took the girls for a couple of hours this morning so I could pray and get better.  Life today was on in the background before the girls left and I heard them talking about being free and discussing Psalm 74.  So I turned there and this stood out to me:
Do not hand over the life of your dove to wild beasts;

do not forget the lives of your afflicted people forever.
Have regard for your covenant,
because haunts of violence fill the dark places of the land.
Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace;
may the poor and needy praise your name.
Psalm 74:19-21
This is how I feel today.  I know we can't always trust our feelings...but today I feel afflicted and oppressed.  It helps me to know that I am not the only one to ever feel this way. I remember the freedom I felt when I received that revelation-David was up and down emotionally and he was described as a man after God's own heart.  Elijah was a prophet and still ran...after God powerfully showed himself.  (see 1 Kings 18).  So if these men can still be used by God, so can I-I will not be condemned for my feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...