Saturday, June 8, 2013

What I've learned from hot rods

The men of Heart of a Craftsman have been busy again ministering to boys from the Tulsa Boys Home during the summer hot rod camp!  I am always amazed at the ways God teaches me...here's some things I've learned from hot  rods recently

Hot rods are shiny...we are to shine


In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16 NIV84)

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. (Daniel 12:3 NIV84)

Hot rod builders are meticulous in the details...Jesus is perfecting the details in our lives




Do you see those 3 bumps in the interior? It is a minor detail that takes time to perfect, but the builders did not overlook that detail.  I watched them working on the upholstery...they kept working until it was perfected. The welding (that most people won't even see) is very detailed and my husband works hard to get it just right.
Jesus will perfect our lives and work on the details too!  The Holy Spirit works on  those 'little things' that no one sees...He knows because He built us.  What we may think is unimportant is very important to a builder!

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith.... (Hebrews 12:2a NIV84)

Builders have a plan...see the finished car and keep it in mind


Heart of a crafstman builders do not give up!  Even when they are working on little sleep and it seems like the project will not get done in time, they persevere and keep the finished car in mind. 

God has a plan for our lives and He never gives up on us!

For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

God is the master builder...He made us and knows us

O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:1-5, 13-16, 23, 24 NIV84

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...