Saturday, June 11, 2011

Rest

Isaiah 30:15
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.

Oh, Lord, let us not be like the obstinate nation...let us repent and rest in you.  Let us get our strength in queitness and trust....for the JOY of you Lord is our strength.  Lord as I type these words I am trying to "do" many things...get my email cleaned out, edit some blog posts, etc...Lord let me just "be"-quiet. Let me just rest in you!  Take the pressure off me to get my to-do list done.  Show me if there is any "work" that I need to lay down.  Remind me that it is not my performance that will get me through this life-it is the blood of Jesus!  I trust in and rely upon you-I will rest, for I know you are working in me to will and to do what pleases you.  Thank you that I can rest even while going about everyday tasks.  I don't have to worry about how to get it all done....I trust in your guidance! In Jesus name, AMEN



1 comment:

Kelly said...

This is so true! Thanks for taking the time to post it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...