Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Is it worth it?

I have been wondering if taking the time to blog is worth it.  I mean there are tons of other bloggers out there who may be saying the same thing as me.  When I doubt, the Lord is quick to remind me of His promises.  He has a plan for my life and if He's guiding me to blog it has a purpose. Even if only one person comes to know Jesus more-it's worth it!

One of my primary purposes may be a teeny bit selfish.  Writing gets my thoughts out and they eventually make more sense to me.  When I blog and add tags, it allows me to recall what He has taught me.  Just this week I have used my blog posts to remember the goodness of God and His faithfulness in my life

Today I found another reason for writing and sharing what He is doing in my life.  Because people need to hear the good news!  Not that God needs me to do it, He makes himself known by His creation (Romans 1:20).  But when I follow Him, I will be blessed and I hope and pray that you will be encouraged!

Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Psalm 105:1

The realization today was brought about by the circle of moms top 25 faith blogs.  I saw the post on facebook and checked it out since I am trying to interact with other bloggers.  I thought that I would find others blogging just like me-faith based....as in Christian.  I was wrong.  I frequently make the mistake of assuming people are like me in their beliefs. I was proved wrong today when the top faith blog selected was a pagan mom's blog.  I must admit, I am uneducated when it comes to the belief systems of other faiths.  This opened my eyes and reminded me that not everyone knows the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ!!!

So, I'm going to keep chugging along and stop thinking about the number of readers.  I will leave it in the hands of my Lord and Savior who has a plan for the words He gives me.  His word is alive and active, sharper than a double-edged sword and will accomplish what He desires...bringing joy and peace!!!
As the rain and the snow
   come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
   without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
   so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
   It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
   and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
 You will go out in joy
   and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
   will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
   will clap their hands.     Isaiah 55:10-12

For the record, my blog didn't come in LAST place! I don't know who you are, but thanks to the 12 people that voted for it, lol!!! I entered it today-which was the last day to vote, so the only purpose was to get the blog out there.  I do have some traffic coming from that site (but, wait...I'm not going to focus on the numbers, right?).  I also had a new subscriber today because a sweet friend shared my blog on her facebook page! I am humbled and thankful for each of you reading this...whoever you are!!!

3 comments:

Makarios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

I know how hard it is when you feel that no one is reading. I like your blog myself (I found it through circle of moms). I told my sister that I dind't have lots of followers on mine, but whoever is there is who is meant to be there... :) God Bless you :)

Gwen said...

http://journeytobeloved.blogspot.com/2011/05/greatest-of-theseeven-for-witch.html
That is the blog post that got me thinking about this.
Thanks for your encouragement Kelly!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...