Sunday, May 8, 2011

letter to momma

Dear Momma-
Happy Mother's Day.  Today I smiled and thought of you while my girls enjoyed orange push ups and mac and cheese! I wish you were here.  While my girls made mother's day cards, I made one for you too. I decorated it with butterflies as I remember you liked them, and I thought of the new creation I am becoming. I'm sad that you didn't realize that you were a virtuous woman while you were on Earth.  I know that you have now seen God's glory and know His good opinion of you because of Jesus.  Please forgive me for not always esteeming you highly.  You trusted in Jesus and His blood covers all your sin.  Today I'm choosing to see you as he does!  I forgive you for all I've held on to. 

Today I will rise up and call you blessed (Happy, fortunate, and to be envied) because a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord shall be praised. (Prov 31:28,30)  I know in heaven you will turn and give all the praise to the Father who has always had a plan for our family. 
Momma, I don't want to live for men's praise-but I think you would be proud of me.  Not because of what I've done, but because I am trusting in Jesus more each day.  I am believing that his blood has cleansed me and made em a righteous woman.  I'm believing that my childhood and past were his plan for my life and that he wants to use in to bring glory to his name. 
I want to remember good times with you momma and I want to create good memories with my girls.  I know you would love them!!! Thank you for caring for me and being my momma.  I know you sacrificed much to care for your children and I know that you have your reward in heaven.  Sometimes I still wish you were here, but I know you are way better in heaven where there's no more tears!  And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing, and everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. Isaiah 35:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...