Sunday, May 18, 2008

Meeting Needs

I want to recall something I learned from Beth Moore's Bible Study Living Beyond Yourself. In Mark 6 we see the familiar story of Jesus feeding the 5000. We can learn from his peace during this event. He didn't get all uptight when it was time to eat...He knew His Father would provide. He kept his peace (of course he did...He's Jesus!). He took inventory of what He had...he knew what was going on. He had everyone get it a position to receive...they were all sitting down. Then He turned to his Father to provide. And boy did he ever! He will always supply more than our needs if we will just allow him the opportunity. If we will just trust him! His word says in Philippians 4:19 that he will meet all our needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Here are Beth's four insights which extend the peace of God's provision (page 103):
1. He made them aware of their need
2. He took what little they had
3. He placed them in a posture to rest in His provision
4. He gave them immeasurably more than they could ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20)Lord, let me be like Jesus in this example. Let me keep the peace that you have given me even in times of need. Open my eyes to see things as you do. Lord let me trust you and get into a position to receive. I believe that you will meet all my needs. Father, you know my needs even before I ask. I thank you that you will provide for me according to your glorious riches, In Jesus name-Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...