Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Facing Giants

We've been talking about boldness this week and have read about the believers in Acts, learning that boldness is available to all believers because we are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus and the righteous are as bold as a lion (2 Cor 5:21 and Prov 28:1). Yesterday I wrote about David and the boldness and courage he showed in trusting God to bring him victory over Goliath. 
I don’t think we face physical giants today (unless maybe you are talking about my family –at 6’4’’ I’m the shortest of my siblings! lol).  But we do ‘face giants’ each day. When we listen to the voice of truth we will have victory over any giant we may face. 

Depending on the giants you may be facing, boldness may mean different things at different times.  It may take boldness to:
  • Listen to God's truth and believe...boldly overcoming the lies of the enemy
  • Give thanks....boldly trusting God in every situation
  • Encourage someone when it's out of your comfort zone....boldly being a doer of the word
  • Care for a special needs child or family member....boldly advocating for their needs
  • Love the unlovely....boldly sharing the love of Christ
  • Be nice! (new post coming on this soon:)...boldly doing the right thing
  • Stand your ground (this one will have a post too!)...boldly resisting the enemy (1Peter5:9)
  • Speak. To anyone.  About anything. ...boldly overcoming the fear of rejection-can you tell this is me:)
  • Ask for help....boldly accepting that God put us here together and life is easier with friends! 
  • OBEY...ENDURE...PRESS ON
Remember this boldness does not come from your power....but from the power of the Holy Spirit living in you. But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.  1John 4:4 NLT (If you have time, read different version of familiar verses...I love the way it comes alive when you read it in a translation you are not used to!! Youversion and Biblegateway are great places to do that for free.)

Oh Lord,  make us like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Make whatever we do prosper (Psalm 1:3)  In any area where we need to grow in courage, we trust you Lord to teach us, realizing that this is not something we can do on our own.  I give you total control in my life, I want your Spirit to fill me to the fullest...making me bold in the hope I have in you Jesus! Guide us today, fill us with your love and let it spill out on those around us!  We will give you glory as one trembling heart and soul becomes a servant bold and courageous.  In Jesus' name-AMEN
So, I didn't even get to Esther or Daniel yet...I have been learning so much:) Come back tomorrow and I'll share! Thanks for reading and subscribing...have an excellent day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...