Monday, April 4, 2011

Bold and Brave

I've never thought of myself as bold or brave. A few months ago I was reading through Proverbs and studying what the Word says about the righteous. Since I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21) what His word says about the righteous is true about me (not because of me).  Proverbs 28:1 stood out to me:
The wicked man flees though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Hmmm....bold as a lion, interesting, but me? really? This will take some faith and the renewal of my mind. I could name a bold person- Paul was bold...it's recorded several time in Acts (9:28, 13:46, 14:3, 19:8) Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ. Acts 28:31 
 
Also in Acts we read that it wasn't just Paul-
....And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly. Acts 4:31      I think I will need to write more about this tomorrow! 

Since that time a few other verses have also become alive to me about boldness.  Think on these today as you find time and let God's word become alive and active in every area of your life.  He is renewing my mind as I trust the Holy Spirit to make me more bold!

Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.  2 Corinthians 3:12

When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. Psalm 138:3


1 comment:

Andi D. said...

Gwen, I love your blog!! I am hooked!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!! I know I will grow in faith and friendship through it! Love you! Andi

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...