Let's continue learning about boldness from the people of the Bible. Daniel and his three friends displayed courage. Daniel survived a night in the lion's den. They were not afraid to be different, they stood the test of fire (the 3 friends did literally!). They trusted God and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God Daniel 3:28. Sometimes the most courageous and bold thing is to NOT do what others are doing!! How were they able to be so brave? What can we glean from reading their story? Here's what I found in the book of Daniel as the Holy Spirit revealed profiles of courage.
- Daniel resolved not to defile himself (Daniel 1:8) Makes me think of 1 Corinthians 10:23 Everything is permissible”—but not everything is beneficial...
- God gave them knowledge and understanding of all kinds (Daniel 1:17)
- Daniel used wisdom and tact when speaking to the commander of the guard (Daniel 2:14)
- Daniel displayed thankfulness and humility by praising God (Daniel 2:23, 28)
- The Spirit was evident to others in Daniel's life (Daniel 4:8)
- Daniel told the truth about the king's dream even though it was bad news (Daniel 4:19-27)
- Daniel served God continually (Daniel 6:20)
- Daniel trusted God ( Daniel 6:23)
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels Isaiah 61:10. If we are to be bold and courageous...we need the right clothes! Zechariah talks about receiving clean garments and turban and Ephesians 6 gives us instruction about the armor of God. Christ in His sacrifice has provided them for us....put on the robe of righteousness and renew your mind to the Truth!!! She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. Proverbs 31:25
Thank you Father for giving us the Word...thank you that it is so available to us-we are blessed to be able to read it anywhere, anytime!! Give us a hunger for your word and truth and change us as we are in your word. Thank you for being our provider, of battle gear and daily living necessities. Fill us with your wisdom, knowledge, and understanding so that we will be resolved not to defile ourselves as Daniel was. Lord as you make us more bold and corageous through the filling of your Spirit, give us tact and keep us humble. Lord let me always be bold enough to give you thanks and praise-for it is you working in me that brings any success. Enable us to always speak the truth as you lead us-even if it's not what someone wants to hear. Lord, like Daniel-let us always serve you and trust you!! Remind us who we are in Christ and prepare us for all you have in store for us! In Jesus' name, AMEN
Still didn't get to Esther....