Saturday, May 17, 2008

keep it simple

In Mark 6, Jesus sends the 12 out in pairs. He tells them "You are the equipment...Keep it simple." This message version spoke to me in ways that the NIV didn't make clear.

First of all...in the pair part. I read in the NIV two by two....but it didn't sink in that it meant they were working in pairs. So, why do I have a hard time working with another when Jesus gives this example that He wants us to work together? I guess just because he said it doesn't mean it's going to be easy.

I also resist when he has told me to do something because I think "I'm not ready for that, I'm not prepared, I don't have this or that..." But he says I am the equipment. I don't need anything fancy. I just have to allow him to work through me. Keep it simple....that's as simple as it can be. Stop fighting and let Jesus do the work through me. So, even though it took me ages to make this page to share my thoughts....and sometimes it's days after he has revealed something to me before I sit down to write about it...I shouldn't fight. I should just do what he says when he says!

Lord, please help me to keep it simple. Remind me that you are all I need....I am the equipment....you have equipped me for every good work you have planned for me. Let me not run out of fear or because I feel unprepared. Let me rest in you as you work through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...