Tuesday, June 26, 2012

From the mouth of babes

I always have questions. Sometimes I get answers, sometimes I don't. This morning as I was bringing some of my questions again to the Lord and seeking wisdom and understanding I was reminded of a conversation yesterday with my 5 year old.

Z enjoying the turtle at the pool
We were driving home from the pool and 'Wait and See' came on the radio prompting many questions from her. The first one almost a statement- He's not finished with me?! In that discussion somehow we got to talking about the trinity.

We've talked about it before and she's sort of just accepted the explanation I've offered (which came from her Life Kids Sunday School curriculum.) Yesterday she kept saying 'Momma I just don't understand'.

I reassured her that it's a tough topic and kept trying to explain a different way, triangle, etc but she kept asking. She finally said 'Momma I don't understand right now but when I get to heaven I will.'


Wow!!! The faith of a child. I told her she was right and recalled  1 Corinthians 13:12
Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.now we see in part then we shall see in full. I told her some things we just have to trust what God says-that's faith-saying I don't understand something but I believe God's word.

Now this morning her faith has me realizing that I may not get the answers to my questions here on earth. I may not understand the verses I read about the questions I have. But I do have the hope that one day when I get to heaven I shall know fully!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...