Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Joy Will Come

Okay...usually when I include a song/video it's at the end because it's what I was singing while I was writing the blog post. Today the song needs to be at the start of the post...that way if you don't know it, you will hear it as you read because it's central to the post.
This song is so meaningful to me...it is a promise I cling to!  We sang it at church Sunday and I was reminded of a time a few months ago when I woke up with this song and promise in my heart.  That morning as I was trying to figure out how to 'fix things' the Lord brought to my mind John 6:29-The work of God is this-to BELIEVE in the one he has sent.  That morning (and many others) I had to ask myself...DO I really believe?  Does my life show it?  Am I always trying to fix everything or can I rest in God's precious promises to me and just BELIEVE? When we really trust that joy will come...it does!!!

If you've done the Beth Moore Believing God Bible study you will recognize what the Holy Spirit reminded me that morning. When I believe God there will be joy!
  • I am believing God is who He says He is!!
  • I'm believing God can do what He says He can do (even more than I can imagine!!)
  • I am believing I am who God says I am (the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!!)
  • I am believing I can do all things through Christ!!
  • I am believing that God's word is alive and active in me!!!
You are My witnesses, says the Lord, and My servant whom I have chosen, that you may know Me, believe Me and remain steadfast to Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.  Isaiah 43:10
Did you see that?  God chose you to believe Him!!!!

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20
JOY WILL COME, BELIEVE!!! 

I believe that this joy is for this life, not just when we get to heaven!  I will write more on this soon...but for now, I'll leave you with this reminder from Jesus:
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). John 10:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...