Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Radical

I had not intended to post this week...but I got so excited about this I couldn't help but share!   A friend just let me borrow the book Radical by David Platt.  I am over half way through the book and have just had it since Sunday (that's fast reading for this wife,  momma of two preschoolers, and business partner who works from home!). Yes, the book is making me think...and I'm sure I will blog about it soon, but what got me excited was the word search I just did.  What does radical mean?

Radical, from Late Latin radicalis "of roots" and from Latin radix "root" (wikipedia.com)
of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference. (dictionary.com)

So, what's the big deal about that you ask?  Since this summer, God has been leading me on a journey to dig up yucky roots and instead be rooted in His love. 

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge–that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:16-20—Antonyms- superficial.


When I was on dictionary.com I glanced though the page on 'Radical' and this stuck out to me
WOW!! I don't want to be a superficial Christian!  I think that means I need to be radical:)  Maybe you will join me on this journey?  I am so excited to see how God is going to teach us more about His plan! Have a blessed day friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...