Sunday, October 24, 2010

Take a Load Off

This is from the end of August...just haven't taken the time to type it in until now!
Jeremiah 17:19-27 ...bring no load through the gates of this city on the Sabbath-Do not bring a load out of your houses-keep the sabbath day holy by not carrying any load...

Lord we carry loads when we come into your sanctuary, when we enter your gates-we should have thanksgiving, but we carry a load instead. A load of hurt, offense, bitterness, insecurity, worry, anxiety, anger, stress, pain and unforgiveness. We carry this load-all this baggage, but you want us to lay it down and keep your sabbath day holy! Once we experience a day of rest we won't want to pick it back up because we don't have to carry it anymore! Wow! Lord, I lay down my load now, my fears and concerns, my desires, my life-I lay it before you now. I take your yoke upon me and receive your sabbath rest. I can rest in the finished work of the cross and trust in your timing! Remind me and all your people not to pick up our loads again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...