Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Roots

Ephesians 3:16-18 (New International Version)
16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,



Colossians 2:6-7 (New International Version)
6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.



While doing the GPEC summer Bible study, God continued revealing to me that I have a root of rejection in my life. Yucky fruit is the sign of a yucky root! I can try and try to get the fruit to go away, but unless the root is addressed, I'm laboring in vain! The fruit of this root of rejection has been seen in my relationships (or lack thereof), in people pleasing, in doubt and insecurity, and lack of hospitality and serving. It has also caused me to doubt God's truths about me.
I am deciding that it's time to dig that yuck root out and grow in Christ's love!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...