Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blooming Fruit

I drive past some type of purple tree/bush each day...it was blooming one day and done the next. The flowers are the same way...here one minute gone the next. Made me think about John 15. How are we like fruit? Do we bear fruit just in season or should we always have the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22)? Obviously we can't bear fruit on our own, only as we remain in Christ... so does that mean He has a time for us to bear fruit? Is it a one time deal, like an annual, or a yearly thing like a perennial? Last year I remember the phlox in my front garden blooming early, freezing, then blooming again. I know I want to bear fruit that will last...so I better get to loving! Read all of John 15:1-17....it's good!
Eccl 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...