Sunday, February 5, 2012

Memorize the Mount

After finding the fun A to Z challenge for my girls, I considered starting something challenging for me...like memorizing an entire chapter of the Bible.  I enjoy reading Ann Voskamp's blog

holy experience
So when I saw her challenge to memorize the mount (Matthew 5) I thought that would fit well!  I downloaded the free memory booklet and started digging in.  It didn't start as easy as I thought-but it's getting better now.  The girls are even saying the verses with me now.  If you are up for the challenge the free booklet listed above will get Matthew 5,6, and 7 hidden in your heart.
I also want to count 1000 gifts...to cultivate a thankful heart.  Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the many opportunities to do good things (like memorize and count gifts and read encouraging blogs).  I don't want to 'make rules' for myslef about doing these things.  I want to do them in freedom...but it's so easy for me to slip back into works and legalism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...