Thursday, March 31, 2011

What's in a name?

The lessons you learn from kids...

Zaleigh named her first 'special' doll Zea when she was almost 2.  This week, we tried to get Aleigha (who is now 2!) to give one of her special dolls a name.  She was very adamant that the baby's name was "MY baby" or  simply "MINE'.  In her eyes, the baby needs no special name, but it is important that others know it's her baby. 

I know that God says the same about us...that's "MY baby", My daughter, My son... He has adopted us and chosen us as 'special' to be adopted as his children through belief in Jesus.

But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:1-2

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—  to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. Ephesians 1:4-6


But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

Praise you Father!!!! Thank you for choosing me and calling me out of darkness into your marvelous light!  Let me declare praises to you forever!  Thank you that you see me as holy and blameless because of the sacrifice Jesus made for me.  Thank you that even when I feel alone or rejected in this world, I know I am yours!  In Jesus' precious name, Amen

1 comment:

Jen said...

and He is MY DADDY!! :)
Thanks Gwen! Wonderful post! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...