Sunday, February 13, 2011

Expectation

This morning as a sweet friend was praying for me, I  had a revelation from God.  It may seem obvious...it did to me, it was a "why didn't I think of that?" moment.  It was a reminder, just in how she prayed, that God can change anything!  Many times when I lay my requests before the throne, I pick them back up and try to figure out how I can fix it.


Sometimes in the midst of ongoing issues and trials, I don't even pray for what might "fix" it!  Often I am selfish and my prayers and just complain to God about all the is going on. In my mind I know he CAN fix it, but do I really rely on him to do so or proclaim to him that he is able?  Usually I pray to endure hardship and to keep a positive attitude.  These prayers aren't wrong (even though maybe a little selfish:)).   I know God does desire to change me and mold me though every hardship I may endure as I am reminded: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28


But praying simply to change me and endure the trial may not let me see all that God has planned for my life.  Maybe he wants to do something really BIG:  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen Ephesians 3:20  I am changing my expectation...I am believing God and all His promises for my life.  I am going to pray (and not just for myself) believing James 5:16 The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, so no matter how I respond to the pressures of life I can pray powerfully and effectively for God's people.

I want my faith to grow so that I can proclaim as the three young men in Daniel 3 did "But even if he does not".  Even if God does not change things in a way I desire, I know that when I pass through the waters, He will be with me; and when I pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over me. When I walk through the fire, I will not be burned; the flames will not set me ablaze (Isaiah 43:2).  Isaiah 55:9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. I am trusting God's ways and God's thoughts in my life!! AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...