Monday, May 26, 2008

At Night

Gideon was afraid to destroy the Asherah poles during the day....he did it at night, even though he knew God had empowered him and commanded him to do it. How often are we, like Gideon, afraid of the reaction of other people? Judges 6:27
Like Gideon in verse 39, I am often asking God, "are you sure...show me!" Thankfully God does not grow impatient with his children in the same way we do with ours! It seems like I am always asking God to show me again!
Thank you Lord that you can give us the freedom in Christ to not be a people pleaser. Enable us to do what you have called us to do without letting what others think stand in our way. Thank you for being so patient with me when I want to know you mean business!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...