Monday, May 12, 2008

crazy about pigs

As I read Mark 5 in the Message tonight, I wondered why the people got upset. Jesus had just cast out demons from a man and sent them into a herd of pigs. The man was no longer possessed, it was a miracle! As the mob of demons entered the pigs, they all ran off a cliff and died. At first the crowd was awed, and then they were upset-over the pigs. It made me wonder....why were they upset, and how does this apply to me...do I ever react this way?
I think I have, and you may have also. We see God do something miraculous that we have longed for....He comes through for us and we see His faithfulness. And then....we realize we don't like the way He did it! We are awed at first, but then we become upset because it's not how we wanted it to happen.

Lord, forgive me for trying to put you in a box and tell you how I want you to show yourself faithful. Lord, you ARE faithful. Who am I to try to tell you how to show your goodness to me. Help me to remember that your ways are higher than my ways, as your thoughts are higher than mine. I may not understand what you are doing if I 'lose pigs' in my life...thank you for reminding me that you have a plan. Teach me each day to trust you more. In Jesus name-AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...